.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

99neon sign iDOH

But not the lonely one. A new design, new design.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, NY

Records go through many stages. The blog stage is just one of them.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Top 10 Geek Goddesses

Note: Here's my loose criteria for a Geek Goddess: She either (A) is an actual geek or (B) plays one on TV/in movies/etc. or (C) isn't technically a geek, per se, but is an object of geek desire.

10. Katee Sackhoff

We start this list with a Dan D. pick. She's Starbuck on Battlestar Galactica. Never seen the show myself, but, as I said, this is Dan's pick.


9. Amber MacArthur

Among other things, a host on the new MacBreak podcast with Leo Laporte and Co.


8. Amanda Congdon

Host of Rocketboom. Appeared on recent episode of CSI. Very perky.


7. Natalie

My favorite French Maid. Not very talkative, but she cleans up nicely.


6. Luria Petrucci (aka Cali Lewis, National Director of Geek Intelligence Agency)

Host of GeekBrief.TV. A favorite of Adam Curry's. Very cute.


5. Lara Croft

Pixelated or Angelina Jolie. Either is acceptable. (Incidentally, I'm not a gamer - nor have I seen the films - but I feel like a geek top 5 without her would be somewhat lacking).


4. Natalie Portman

As Queen Amidala in Star Wars. Garden State also works.


3. Zooey Deschanel

As Trillian (Tricia McMillan) in The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. Inspired me to write this.


2. Lala

Oft-drunk Tiki Bar TV hostess. Very cute AND very perky.


1. Jen P.

My girlfriend. Not actually a geek herself, but a geek admirer. Couldn't care less about blogs or podcasts or iPods or computers but makes an effort anyway. (Hey, she reads this...could I really get away with this list if she wasn't somehow at the top?)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cast an unasked vote for number three, Trillian, Zooey.

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't the New Jersey girlfriend and Pennslyvania girlfriend going to be jealous that they did not make your list;)

6:13 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Good point, "anonymous." But what you don't realize is that I have separate blogs for each of them.

6:21 PM  
Blogger etherdog said...

You nailed this list, man. It is a dream line-up

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello the #10 on your Top 10 Geek Goddesses page is Tricia Helfer not Katee Sackhoff (they are both on BSG and hott though).

6:54 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

anonymous 6:54: was just linking to their server and they changed the photo. i removed it.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home