Tonight, Tonight
Twas four weeks before Christmas when the email arrived
"A Party! A Party!" the contents, they cried
I opened excitedly my heart all a-flutter
But when I saw when and where my lips started to mutter
"O crap," they did whimper. "Oh bugger it all!"
"Hoboken is where they will all deck the hall!"
So sadly I must, as much as it pains me,
Decline this kind invite to drink and be merry
For I have no more pennies after buying gifts for young Matt -
Some crayons, Oor Wullie and a nice fluffy cat -
But I wish you good fun and a night full of frolics
While I'll be in Taynuilt and sipping my Horlicks...
- Helen
31 yes, 8 maybe, 26 no, 63 still to respond
"A Party! A Party!" the contents, they cried
I opened excitedly my heart all a-flutter
But when I saw when and where my lips started to mutter
"O crap," they did whimper. "Oh bugger it all!"
"Hoboken is where they will all deck the hall!"
So sadly I must, as much as it pains me,
Decline this kind invite to drink and be merry
For I have no more pennies after buying gifts for young Matt -
Some crayons, Oor Wullie and a nice fluffy cat -
But I wish you good fun and a night full of frolics
While I'll be in Taynuilt and sipping my Horlicks...
- Helen
31 yes, 8 maybe, 26 no, 63 still to respond








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home