.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

99neon sign iDOH

But not the lonely one. A new design, new design.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, NY

Records go through many stages. The blog stage is just one of them.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Matt Goes East

Geoff's in Europe. You can follow his adventures at GEOFF GOES EAST.

I'm not in London/Brno/Olomouc/Krakow. I'm in New York City. But I decided to take my digital camera to the office yesterday. For some reason, all I wanted to photograph was a billboard.

Unfortunately, that billboard -

OJ FOUND GUILTY
(of having too much sugar)

- had disappeared overnight.

But here's one anyway:



The Post placed this billboard in a small parking lot next to the Daily News building. Early versions were black with white lettering. One had the Post's circulation figures and said, "Don't worry, these numbers won't fall." But this latest one is much more involved. The building you see in it is the News building, and the words that are too small to read on this uploaded version of my photo are: "THE BEST SPORTS IN TOWN! AWARD-WINNING BUSINESS SECTION! NO ONE'S SECRETS ARE SAFE FROM PAGE SIX! DUST OFF YOUR RESUME!"

It's been there for awhile. If it changes, I'll post the new one. I'll keep you posted. I'll have a photo up post-haste. Maybe it'll be postmodern.

1 Comments:

Blogger Geoff G. said...

When, oh when, is the Daily News going to take off the gloves and fight back against this FoxNewsBSkyB monster, huh?

I think it's time for another memo.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home